Having a carpet inside your home has several different purposes. It can add aesthetic value to any room or it can improve the ambiance and warmth. Despite having a lot of pros, there is one big challenge that comes with owning a carpet, and that is how to keep it clean and fresh. This is especially difficult if you have pets around the house, which tend to dirty and sully the carpet when you’re not looking.
How to Remove the Odor of Dog Urine in Your Carpet
Cleaning it up though is not an entirely impossible task. With the right information you can actually get rid of it using a very basic household item, baking soda. Yes, it may not sound much but baking soda actually has a lot of cleaning and deodorizing properties, which has led to it being used for many different ways outside of the kitchen. Here are the steps on baking soda on Carpet for dog urine to follow in order to remove that pet stain and odor from your beautiful carpet.
1. Gather the Materials – Before starting out the cleaning, you first need to gather the materials that you will need in this process. For this task, you’ll need some baking soda, a bucket of water, a spray bottle, and a vacuum cleaner. Get these ready and then proceed to the first step.
2. Dampen the Stained Area With Water – Get the spray bottle and fill it up with clean water. Then, use it to spray the water onto the stained area thus making it damp. The spray bottle is very useful so that you can control the amount of water that you are applying on the stain.
3. Sprinkle the Stained Area with Baking Soda – Let the baking soda set and leave it overnight.
4. Vacuum the Stained Area – The following morning, get your heavy-duty vacuum cleaner and begin to remove the baking soda from the carpet. The baking soda will absorb the urine as well as the stain and the unpleasant odor that it has. You will notice that the stain is no longer there and that there is no more nasty urine smell on your carpet.
5. Rinse the Area with Water – With the stain and odor gone, the last step is for you to rinse the stained area with clean water and then drying it up using clean towels or rags. This removes any residue that may be left behind.
What is the best way to use baking soda on carpet for dog urine? In the wake of applying it onto the dirty zone, let it go away and solidify by abandoning it medium-term. The following day you will utilize a delicate fiber brush to evacuate the solidified glue and afterward remove it with your vacuum more clean. You should see that the stain is no longer there.
Using a common household item such as baking soda, you can totally get rid of pet urine stains and odors and keep your carpet looking and smelling clean and fresh always. So the next time you have a carpet stain or stinky carpet, you need not look any farther than your own kitchen or cupboards.