Do you know how to get blood stains out of couch? Removing the stain as quickly as possible is the best course of action and will give you the best results. The more time you let the stain remain on your couch or chairs upholstery more difficult it is to remove. Dry blood stains are really difficult to deal with on upholstery, but fresh blood stains come off very easily. They can simply be removed with cold water and no mechanical drying.
If you saw the stain happen, moving quickly and trying to get out the stain is your best option. Generally speaking, blood on the first contact when cleaned can be taken out fairly easily.
How to Get Blood Stains Out of Couch
- Extract and rinse the stain with cold water only. Hot water will only assist in setting the stain and making it more difficult to remove. Extract and rinse a little at a time, being extra careful not to spread the stain.
- After adding some water to the stain, blot with a white cloth or white paper towels. Don’t rub the stain or it will spread, only blot the area.
- The remaining stain can be removed with a solution of mild dishwashing liquid and a cup of cold water. Work this solution into the stain and blot it away. Again, do not rub. This will make the stain spread and could damage the fibers of your couch or chairs upholstery, making it easier for stains to appear later.
- Repeat the process until there are no signs of blood transferred onto the white cloth or white paper towels. When no transfer is evident, blot the rest of the excess water.
- To dry the area, place a fan to blow directly onto the spot for quicker drying. Another way to dry that affected area is to place a cloth or a layer of paper towels directly on the spot. Then place something heavy on it, such as a stack of books, and let it soak up the remaining water. Repeat with a dry cloth or dry paper towels until the spot is completely dry.
This should help you when it comes to knowing how to get blood stains out of couch, should someone leak blood due to reacting to an addiction. These simple upholstery cleaner methods can allow you to avoid using chemicals and expensive detergents for removing all blood stains from your couch or chairs upholstery. The sooner you start cleaning, the easier will it be actually to get rid of the blood.